Friday, October 11, 2013

Be happy for no reason . . .

When I resurrected this blog several weeks back, I had every intention of writing on it regularly, but c'est la vie. . . that means "that's life," or something like that, in French. Because yes, ummm, yes! That's it! That's why I haven't written—bcause I've been learning French . . .

Or not. One of endless lessons I am learning is that—guess what??!! We have endless "do-overs" in life! How cool is that?! No one's keeping score! No one's going to punish us for starting over, RIGHT NOW. And we can do that till infinity! Overandoverandover, againandagainandagain, till we get it right. Or till we never get it right! Who cares, as long as we're trying, right??!! . . . So, in the spirit of that, let's just "do over" this blog, once again!

So, how 'bout that weather? Sure was windy today, wasn't it? (Where else in Beautiful Minnesota can weather be a seriously engaging topic of conversation?) Mid-October day, temps in the mid 70s, sun at least part of the day—but holy hell, the wind! My hair was violently wound around my head many times over, in every direction, at the same time, againandagainandagain, on my walk with Rocco this morning and then again this evening. . . when I got home tonight, I discovered that the front porch of my duplex had turned into a giant terrarium, as a big gust of wind, at some point, had toppled every plant stand lined along the porch railings, along with the plants standing atop them. I would have taken a picture of the mayhem, but I was so overcome with this immense sense that my plants were literally choking and suffocating under the mounds of soil and upturned pots, that I dropped my phone and began digging, as though on a rescue mission in the Alps. . .

Almost an hour later, all of my plants were upright, back in their pots (only one terra cotta casualty), all of us breathing much easier. I'm hoping for at least another few weeks of plants on the patio, but I'll take what we can get at this point, because even in her fury, Ma Nature is a wonder to behold. . .

I'll be honest, a huge part of me wants to just DUMP on this blog tonight, try to fill in all the missing spaces since I last wrote, because it's been so long and I have so much to say, so much time to make up, but good God! A girl's also gotta sleep sometime, doesn't she? And I do need to be kind and spare y'all the theatrics. . . As such, I will reign it in, with the hope that, instead of being daunted about the enormous prospect of DUMPING everything into one blog entry (and as a result, not write anything), that I'll just take it step by step. Bird by bird (a nod to Anne Lammott. . . ). And try to just show up every day. . .

With that, I will leave you with this little gem that flashed across my internet pan today: "Be happy for no reason. Like a child. If you're happy for a reason, then you're in trouble. Because that reason can be taken from you." ~ Deepak Chopra . . . wish someone had shared that one with me many, many years ago. But hey! Do-over, right??!!

Hopefully, more later. . . xxoo j

1 comment:

  1. Dear Cuz... while you may be a tad bit irregular on posting, I'm horribly behind in reading, so I guess we're all in this together! Just wanted to say I LOVE the Chopra quote. It's rather Buddhist in its outlook, and a REALLY good habit to practice. I'm adding it to my list. Love, Hugs, and Cookies... Your Cuz

    ReplyDelete